10 Best Scuba Fins 2019 – Reviews and Buyer’s Guide (Updated)
- Buying Guide: What to Look When Chose Scuba Diving Fins
- Top 10 Best Scuba Fins Reviews:
- 1. Cressi Pro Light Open Heel Diving Fin
- 2. Mares Super Channel Full Foot Scuba Fins
- 3. Oceanic Vortex V6 Split Full Foot Swim Fins – Scuba Diving Fins
- 4. Cressi Pluma Full Foot Lightweight Fins for Diving & Swimming
- 5. U.S. Divers Sea Lion Fins
- 6. U.S. Divers Proflex II Diving Fins
- 7. Oceanic Vortex V6 Split Full Foot Swim Fins
- 8. Mares X-Stream Open Heel Fins
- 9. Mares Avanti Quattro Plus Open Heel Bungee Strap Fins
- 10.Mares Quattro Power Scuba Fins – Full Foot
Getting your own scuba diving fin is one of the surest ways to improve your underwater experience. When you get your own kit, everything will fit you better and you will be more comfortable as well. You will never have to suffer from the discomfort and pain from wearing junky rented fins again – no more leg cramps and blisters.If you are reading this, then you are probably looking for the best scuba diving fins on the market.
That is why I have put out this scuba fins review to assist you with the process. I will advise you not to get caught up with buying the most popular fins. Just because everyone uses it, doesn’t mean it will work for you. Take some time out to determine which scuba fin is best for you.
Top 3 Best Scuba Fins: Editor’s Pick
Scuba Fins Model
Buying Guide: What to Look When Chose Scuba Diving Fins
Before checking out scuba diving fins, here are a few things you have to consider. Remember the journey is about finding a scuba fin that suits your needs, and most importantly, your feet.
Are the Open Heel or Full Foot fins?
The foot pocket style is the first thing you will have to consider when picking out a scuba fin. You have to determine what foot pocket style is suitable for you. If you feel comfortable when you are barefooted, then the full foot fins are for you. They are designed to be worn barefooted. They are perfect for snorkeling as well as diving in warm water. If you usually walk on a rocky or sandy shore to get to the diving site, then you should be going for the open heel fins. They are great for diving in cold water and are popularly worn by scuba divers.
Are the fin blades of the Paddle or Splitting type?
Paddle fins come with a single blade; they require more legwork to comfortably get them moving. The majority of the fins on this list are modified, making them to be more flexible and easier on the ankles and legs. If you don’t really want to flex your leg muscles, then should you should be going for the split fins. They offer the same or an, even more, propulsion as the blade fins with less force.Other things to consider includes color and pack size. The color your fins have can be your personal brand. For guiders and instructors, colors like white or yellow is a good choice, your divers will easily see you under the water. For shark divers, I will recommend the black fins as sharp colors have known to attract undesirable attention from these guys. Furthermore, the size is also a very important factor if you plan to travel with your fins. Some fins are specially designed for travel divers – I will be pointing them out in the review section of this article.
Top 10 Best Scuba Fins Reviews:
This list has been compiled with great consideration to the above features we have discussed.
1. Cressi Pro Light Open Heel Diving Fin
The Cressi Pro Light open heel diving fin is designed not just for free-diving and swimming, you can also use it for scuba diving. It comes with highly responsive blades that are light, making it a great choice for traveling divers desiring an open heel fin. You will experience a balance of power from its dual material blade as well as kicking comfort.
It is also laced with full-length rails at the side to help you navigate easily through the water while doing the standard scissors kick. Even though it is made to be worn with boots and used more for scuba, you can still use them with a float boat. A beginner might find the Cressi pro light open heel diving fin cumbersome because they are larger and as well might be heavy for snorkeling or taking laps.
- Improves thrust due to the incorporation of full-length side rails
- Very comfortable
- Easy to put on and take off
- Great fins for it price
- A little stiff but works well
- Feels big, not really great for beginners
2. Mares Super Channel Full Foot Scuba Fins
The Mares super channel Full Foot Scuba Fins is the ideal fine for diving in warm water. it comes with a compact length blade matched to an orthopedic foot pocket to provide superior comfort. For extra durability, the fins are made of thermoplastic rubber and Tecralene.
That’s not all, you will get to notice its amazing super-channel technology design which will give you a greater thrusting power with the same effort when compared to other fins of the same size. Furthermore, the Mares Super Channel Full Foot Scuba fin is versatile, comes in all size range – for adults, kids, and youths.
- Greater thrusting power
- Comfortable and pleasant to use
- Very cheap for its capabilities
- Very narrow in width and might hurt your feet but after the first few wears, they will be just so comfortable
3. Oceanic Vortex V6 Split Full Foot Swim Fins – Scuba Diving Fins
The Oceanic Vortex V6 Split Full Foot Swim Fins is the perfect excuse to get another pair of swimming fins. if you are a diver, snorkeler, or a free diver that desires maximum power generation, acceleration and response then this is your best buy. It comes with a split fin design to give you less stress and as well reduce fatigue.
Its oversized rails and blades will increase your lift. This has made it the perfect choice for beginners as well as pro divers who want a different feel under water. It is made with lightweight composite materials that have made it easy to carry and as well travel to other dive sites.
- Provides maximum power and thrust for each stroke you make
- Light and durable
- Comfortable for all feet range
- Ergonomically designed to provide a stress-free experience
- Seems a little bit too long for most feet making it hard to walk on the shores
4. Cressi Pluma Full Foot Lightweight Fins for Diving & Swimming
Cressi Pluma Full Foot Lightweight Fins is an extraordinary fin that will provide you with the most sophisticated technology used on hi-tech model fins. it comes with a three material molded design for extra performance and comfort. It’s the perfect fins for you if you are an addict diver, snorkeler or swimmer.
It is light and comes with an elastomer foot pocket design to further improve comfort. It is a full foot fin designed to give you optimum thrust power and less leg fatigue while finning. Additionally, the design of its blades will give you a fine rebound.
- Provide optimum thrust
- Ergonomically designed for less fatigue
- Comes with a triple material molded design for extra performance and comfort
- They don’t really float on water but they do not sink easily
- Can be hard to get the right size
- Can get cracked easily if you play water sports
5. U.S. Divers Sea Lion Fins
The U.S. Divers Sea Lion Fins (1 pair) is the ideal fin for body surfing as well as snorkeling. This fin features ergonomic foot pockets to give your feet the best comfort. Additionally, they are made from ultra-soft and high buoyancy rubber to let you swim better. If you usually get tired quickly while swimming, then you will need to get this fins. The blades are compact in length and stiff allowing you to derive more power with each and every kick without spending extra energy. You can snorkel or swim for hours without any pain due to its soft and flexible rubber design.
- Comes with Soft and Comfy rubber
- Durable and perfect for having fun
- Convenient for traveling swimmers and snorkelers
- They seem really small but extends after the first two to three use to comfortable size your fit.
6. U.S. Divers Proflex II Diving Fins
If you are a water enthusiast, whether you are diving, tube fishing, snorkeling, body surfing or just catching fun in the pool the U.S Divers Proflex II diving fins is for you. It is aesthetically designed with a dual-composite fin to give you excellent styling and power. It comes with enclosing heels and soft foot pockets that provide a comfortable and snug fit. You will experience an enhanced thrust and snap provided by its long blade and composite fin rails. Winning dive races are sure with the U.S Divers Proflex II diving fins. Its underwater power is second to none.
- Very comfortable – no rubbing or blisters
- Easy to use – does not wear you out
- Won’t build maximum thrust – get the solid fins with no holes
- Very big, though, will occupy much space
7. Oceanic Vortex V6 Split Full Foot Swim Fins
If you really have a wide foot and looking for a comfortable full foot scuba diving fin, here it is. The Oceanic Vortex V6 Split Full Foot Swim Fin comes with a full foot design that will fit wide feet perfectly without any side toe pressure. It is incorporated with Nature’s Wing propeller technology that will give you better control, comfort, and an ultimate performance. These scuba diving fins create less strain on the leg muscles and as well provides more speed than a conventional blade fin. It is one of the best long lasting fins in the market, all thanks to its Evaprene material.
- Provides more power and speed than larger open hell paddle fins
- Has comfortable rubber foot pockets across a wide range of sizes
- Averagely long and can be difficult to walk with
8. Mares X-Stream Open Heel Fins
The Mares X-Stream Open Heel Fins is the right choice for regular divers. The fins are light and comfortable which is great for traveling. If you complain of leg cramps after taking just a few strokes, then this is your solution. its design solution has made it possible for you to easily transfer energy from your legs to propulsion.
They are super cool looking and comes in a variety of colors to let you stand out. It comes with amazing optimized pivoting blades at the center, this lets you fin softly as you kick softly and as well provides maximum thrust when you kick hard. There is no parachute effect, all thanks to its foot pocket design.
- Built with a Technopolymer material for greater durability
- Ergonomically design foot pocket provides greater comfort
- Less turbulence
- Powerful thrust
- Very easy to use, thanks to its ABS buckles
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
- Not great for beginners, can be really hard to move
9. Mares Avanti Quattro Plus Open Heel Bungee Strap Fins
The Mares Avanti Quattro Plus Fin has exceeded the performance seen on traditional fin models. If you want to increase efficiency for every stroke, here is the bait. It comes with a hi-flex material and four channels that provide you about four times the normal thrusting power. Added to its new and restyled version is the Bungee strap for a greater feel and easy to use capability.
Here is the best part, it comes with stabilizers to improve your stability, this makes it the best fin for newbie divers. If you are a pro and changes your diving conditions regularly, then it is for you. Thanks to its anatomical foot pocket which conveys greater power to the blades.
- Versatile – can be used for all diving and swimming conditions
- Easy to use, no need to fiddle with buckles
- Extremely buoyant – there is no difficulty in keeping your leg neutral under water
- Provides very good power and control
- Straps can easily pop off when mounting a boat
10.Mares Quattro Power Scuba Fins – Full Foot
The Mare Quattro Power Scuba Full Foot Fins will take your underwater and water sports experience to a whole new level, that is if you don’t mind spending some extra bucks. This is a top notch fin that is ideal for your warm water activities. Warm water divers have appreciated the freedom and comfort that comes with the full foot design as well as great power from the Mares Channel Thrust Technology.
If you are a beginner in the diving world or a pro who need to step his/her game up, then is all you need. It Channel Thrust Technology lets you maintain maximum thrust from the beginning to the end of every phase of the finning stroke and as well minimizes fatigue. Comes with a variety of great colors.
- Ideal for warm water
- Channel Thrust Technology system for optimal water channeling
- Foot pocket is molded for maximum comfort
- Maintaining optimal thrust throughout every phase of the finning stroke minimizes fatigue
You May Like This Article:
Scuba Diving Boots: Best Diving Boots
Diving Regulator: Scuba Regulator Review
Scuba Diving Gloves: Scuba Diving Gloves Review
Investing your money in a good set of fins is not an expensive thing to do. Most of the fins listed above ranges from $20 – $150. And if you are an addict diver or regularly rent gears, you will get your money’ worth in no time. Additionally, you will get the feel of using one of the best scuba fins. They are durable, flexible, and comfortable for a wide range of feet sizes, both males, and females and as well, they are great for people who are just starting out and wants to get confident and comfortable within the next two dives. As for pros, they are just the perfect scuba fins that will make you remain a pro.